OLD NEWSBOYS’ GOODFELLOW FUND OF DETROIT DOLL PROGRAM
CRITERIA FOR DOLL DRESSING PROGRAM
Thank you for agreeing to dress a doll! You may dress your doll in any way you wish. Here are some suggestions for themed dolls that have proven popular little girls in the past:
Bridal: Wedding dress made from regular materials, either crocheted or knitted, may be finished off with garter, veil/hat, slip or flowers tied to the hand
Fancy Dress: Elaborate outfit in regular materials, either crocheted
or knitted, may have beads, fur, sequins, lace, etc. (must
sewn to material)
Careers: Professional attire: i.e.judge, doctor, nurse, police officer, etc.
Look-a-like: A child’s outfit and doll outfit made from same material (exactly alike)
Character: Clown, Raggedy Ann, Heidi, Mother Hubbard, nursery rhyme, etc.
Nationality: Doll representing an ethnic group and/or country
Sport: Hockey player, ice skater, roller skater, jogger, skier, cheerleader, etc.
Crocheted: Outfit made by using crochet hooks
Knitted: Outfit made by using knitting needles
Some Handy Tips for Creating the “Best Dressed” Doll
· Dress in the proper size dress, so that the clothing will come off and on with ease
· Make sure the dolls are free of straight and/or safety pins, wires, or hairpins
· Dress dolls in clean clothes, use only clean materials when sewing clothes
· Make sure outfits are completely sewn, leave no raw edges or hems
· Do not glue or staple material together
· Do not use hairspray or glitter on hair, clothing or shoes
· Make sure outfits are easy to undress, using snaps, hooks & eyes, Velcro or buttons
· Design for safety – when attaching earrings, purses, etc. use thread instead of pins or wires. Use only non-toxic liquid or materials on the dolls
· Please do not put money in a purse or attach money to the dolls
· Remember you are dressing a doll for a girl age 4 - 10, make sure these dolls are age-appropriate
PURCHASING DOLL CLOTHES - You may purchase clothing for these size dolls at the Doll Hospital and Toy Soldier Shop in Berkley or on their web site at www.reallygreattoys.com You may also purchase clothes on line through the web site - www.veesvictorians.com. You can also check out www.GoodfellowDollClothes.com for additional doll clothes available for purchase. Discounts are available at the Doll Hospital and on the web site for people purchasing clothes for Goodfellow dolls. IF YOU HAVE ANY ASIAN DOLLS TO DRESS THIS YEAR - PLEASE NOTE THAT THEY CAN WEAR THE SAME SIZE CLOTHES AS THE OTHER DOLLS BUT DO NOT COME EQUIPPED WITH SHOES AND SOCKS. WE WOULD BE GRATEFUL IF YOU COULD PROVIDE THEM WITH THESE ITEMS!
Doll delivery & return –
If you want to contact Emmett Yglesias to pickup or drop off dolls at the warehouse he can be reached at 313-410-3403 or at email@example.com
PLEASE KNOW FOR FUTURE REFERENCE – INITIAL DOLL SIGNUP LETTER GOES OUT IN MARCH
DOLLS ARE DISTRIBUTED IN JUNE
WE ASK THAT DOLLS BE RETURNED TO US IN EARLY SEPTEMBER SO THEY CAN BE BOXED IN TIME FOR OUR PACKAGE DISTRIBUTION
We will dress and distribute 10,000 dolls for the 2011 holiday season.