Your Donation Makes
Thanks to your donations, children in Detroit, Highland Park, River Rouge, Hamtramck, Harper Woods and Ecorse know they’re not forgotten.
Thank you for your support of the Detroit Goodfellows and helping us make a difference to so many deserving children.
To Donate by Mail
P.O. Box 44444
Detroit, MI 48244-0444
Honor Someone with a Contribution
If you wish to make a contribution in memory or honor of someone, please indicate this in the “NOTES” portion of the donate form. Also, please provide an address so we can let the family know a contribution has been made in their loved one’s name.
Please share this Goodfellows Memorial Gifts Form with others who wish to make such a contribution.
The Detroit Goodfellows is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. All contributions made to the Old Newsboys’ Goodfellow Fund of Detroit are tax deductible by donors as provided by Section 170 of the Code.
State of Michigan Solicitation License #MICS-149
Tax ID: 38-6061491
Your donation helps us purchase these items to fill gift boxes for children ages 4-13.
- 120,000 age appropriate books
- 112,000 Pairs of Underwear
- 43,200 Packages of Gummi Bears
- 30,000 Pairs of Gloves or Mittens
- 30,000 Warm Winter Hats
- 30,000 Toothbrushes
- 30,000 Tubes of Toothpaste
- 21,100 Pairs of Detroit Themed Boys Socks
- 20,700 Pairs of Detroit Themed Girls Socks
- 16,900 Coloring Books
- 16,700 Sweatshirts for Boys and Girls
- 12,700 Pairs of Sweatpants for Boys
- 11,600 Packages of Crayons
- 10,800 Pairs of Sweatpants for Girls
- 10,700 Packages of Colored Pencils
- 9,000 Dolls (hand-dressed by volunteers)
- 8,400 Earbud Sets
8,400 Packages of Dental Floss
8,400 Water Bottles
7,100 Pull Back Cars
7,000 Rainbow Scrunchies
6,800 Adidas Long Sleeved T-Shirts
5,600 Decks of Playing Cards
5,400 Lollipop Pony Tail Holders
5,100 Lip Balms
5,000 Lightup Footballs
4,800 Fun Size Volcanoes
4,800 Dental Brushing Timers
4,700 Beanie Babies
4,600 Little Ponies with Stickers
4,400 Five Pack Dough Sets
4,300 Pairs of Thermal Socks for Boys
4,200 Mini Pull Back Cars
4,100 Pairs of Butter Socks for Girls
- 4,100 Holiday Cross Stitch Kits
- 3,900 Wood Puzzles
- 3,400 Lightup Puffer Balls
- 2,800 Chess/Checker Sets
- 2,800 Detroit Vs Everybody T-Shirts
- 2,500 Jump Ropes
- 2,400 Card Games
- 2,400 Sparkly Unicorn Coin Purses
- 2,400 Cupcake Coin Purses
- 2,400 Paint Your Own Holiday Magnet
- 2,200 Sleepy Unicorn Coin Purses
- 2,200 Two Tone Spiky Balls
- 2,200 Toy Robots
- 1,600 Pairs of Yoga Pants
- 1,200 Mini Excavation Kits
- 1,200 Crystal Hedgehog Craft Kits
- 1,200 Sticker Books
Other Ways to Give
The Detroit Goodfellows have changed the lives of so many of our recipients.
Please find the donation method that’s right for you and help us change lives today and in the future.
We gratefully accept gifts of stock. Please inform your broker that you will make a stock gift to the Detroit Goodfellows.
In order to receive a gift acknowledgement for tax purposes for a stock gift, you must share with the Detroit Goodfellows the following information:
- The donor’s name & mailing address
- The name of the stock gift & amount
Old Newsboys’ Goodfellow Fund of Detroit tax ID: 38-6061491
If you’re making a contribution in memory or honor of someone, please let us know by sharing THIS FORM with family and friends who want to make a memorial contribution.
Bequests: Wills, Trusts and Life Insurance
You can designate a specific amount or a percentage. Or, you can choose the Detroit Goodfellows as a beneficiary of your life insurance policy.
Please consult a legal professional before drafting a will. If you include the Detroit Goodfellows in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID:
Legal name: Old Newsboys’ Goodfellow Fund of Detroit
Federal tax ID: 38-6061491
Use our PLANNED GIFT CONFIRMATION FORM
Please contact our Executive Director at email@example.com for more information about planned and stock gifts.